Friday 15 August 2014

Duty calls

"Order! Order!  I will have order in my blog!"  Today I received notice that I have to go on jury duty.  No worries, am happy to do my civic duty and help the community, however, the jury duty is scheduled for the middle of September and runs for a fortnight.  This is smack bang in the middle of our busiest period so presents a bit of a problem.  "Objection your honour!"  Not to worry though, I am able to write away and request for it to be postponed.  "Objection sustained"  Am not sure whether to be excited or worried about the prospect of having to decide someone's fate.  I hope I don't get some ridiculously long trial as every day I am away dispensing my own brand of justice, I am not going to be around to work on the business and it needs all the help it can get!  Maybe I could combine the two?!?  At the start of the trial I could get the defendant to do a video saying what they thought the outcome of the trial will be and then do a follow up video after the verdict is read out.  "Overruled! The Jury will stick to traditional Jury activities or will be held in contempt of court"  No, don't worry, that was just a joke and rest assured I will be taking my jury duty very seriously and hope it is a clear cut case so I can feel I've definitely made the right decision and not have any feelings of doubt.  Anyway, lots to do with the business and so need to crack on and not just sit around here telling the world what mail comes through door each day.  "Blog dismissed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment